QS World University, the International ranking organization has released its rankings for higher education institutes for 2018. It is a proud moment for Pakistan as a leading Pakistani university has made it to the list of the top 500 in the world.
According to the QS rankings, it is the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) which has acquired the 437th position out of 500.
The varsity has raised it ranks up to 91 points this time around.
Nust has also improved it ranking from 74 to 61 in the “Top 50 under 50” category. Amongst Asian universities, it ranked at 112
Currently, their departments rank at the following positions:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering — 270th place
- Computer Science and Information Systems — 273rd place
- Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering — 367th place
- Physics and Astronomy — 472nd place
The QS ratings for the top 1000 universities have witnessed a total of 6 institutes from Pakistan.
Apart from NUST, the others are as follows:
- Quid-e-Azam University (QAU) ranked at 672
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) ranked at 716
- University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore ranked at 934
- The university of Karachi ranked at 937
- The University of Lahore ranked at 938
The ranking is based on six indicators:
- Faculty/Student ratio
- Research work
- Academic reputation
- International student ratio
- International staff ratio
- Employer reputation
If you’re deciding to apply to a university, here are the QS World University Rankings 2018’s top 10 Institutes.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Stanford University
- Harvard University
- California Institute of Technology (CALTECH)
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London (UCL)
- Imperial College London
- University of Chicago
- ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
In the rankings for 2018, the top ten universities consist of five American universities, four British universities, and one Swiss university. There is a total of 8 Indian universities in the top 500 list while China has 21, Taiwan has 11, Saudi Arabia has 4 and Malaysia has 5.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for latest news and updates.