American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) formed by a merger in 1959 between the American Society of Heating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHAE) founded in 1894 and The American Society of Refrigerating Engineers (ASRE) founded in 1904.
Its mission is to serve humanity by advancing the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and allied fields.
ASHRAE has announced its nominees for the 2020-21 slate of officers and directors during its 2020 ASHRAE Winter Conference in Orlando, Florida. Nominations for officers and directors were made by the ASHRAE Nominating Committee from a list recommended by individual members and from Chapters Regional Conferences.
The 2020-2021 nominees are as follows:
- President-Elect: Michael “Mick” Schwedler
- Treasurer: Farooq Mehboob
- Vice Presidents: Bill Dean, Don Brandt, Bill McQuade and Tim McGinn
- Directors and Regional Chairs: Chris Gray (Region VII), Randy Schrecengost (Region VIII), Tyler Glesne (Region IX), Devin Abellon (Region X), Andres Sepulveda (Region XIV)
- Directors-at-Large: Ken Fulk, Wade Conlan, Adrienne Thomle
- Alternate Director-at-Large: Art Giesler
ASHRAE members will vote on the nominees via electronic ballot in late April. Chuck Gulledge will serve as ASHRAE President for the 2020-21 society year.
For more information on the 2020-21 slate of officers and directors, visit ashrae.org/2020-21slate.