The government of Pakistan has issued a revised rate list for authorized regulatory and customs duty rates for mobile phones.
Individuals traveling to Pakistan with more than one mobile phone will have to pay these taxes as per the new rule, while one mobile phone can be brought in to the country free of taxes and duties.
As per reports, the amount is as high as PKR 30,000 depending on the model and brand. In an official notification, the Ministry of Finance, Economic Affairs, Revenue, and Statistics has revealed the new duty on importing mobile sets.
The following is the breakdown of the new regulatory and customs duty rates:
- $30 mobiles – Rs. 180/set
- $30 – $100 mobiles – Rs. 1,800/set
- $100 – $200 mobiles – Rs. 2,700/set
- $200 – $350 mobiles – Rs. 3,600/set
- $350 – $500 mobiles – Rs. 10,500/set
- $500 above mobiles – Rs 18,500/set
Have something to add to the story? Share it with us in the comments below.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more news and updates.