As the Holy month of Ramazan progresses, Eid ul Fitr preparations begin and so does the hunt for new and crisp notes that are to be given out as ‘Eidi’.
Like every year during Ramazan, the State Bank of Pakistan is allowing citizens to acquire fresh currency notes for the upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr. The new note service is in collaboration with Pakistan Bank Association (PBA) and will be available at 1000 commercial bank branches and State Bank offices across 120 cities in Pakistan.
The service is easy to use and notes can be acquired by using a short SMS code. The issuance of new currency notes will begin on 12th June 2017 and continue till the 23rd of June 2017.
Here’s How You Can Avail This Service
Send an SMS to 8877 with your CNIC number and THE Branch ID number in the following way:
‘CNIC number (space) branch ID’
You will later receive and SMS with your transaction number and the address of the branch where your fresh notes will be available and the date to visit the branch.
What is Required while visiting the Bank?
Original CNIC along with a photocopy of the identity card.
Things to Remember:
- A quota per person is set to 3 notes of Rs. 10 and 2 packets each of Rs. 50 and Rs. 100 notes
- The service can only be availed once in Ramzan per person
- One mobile number can only be used with one CNIC.
- In case the date to visit the branch is missed, the transaction will become invalid.
- Bank branch codes and State Bank’s Branch IDs are different.
- SMS messages will be charged at Rs. 1.5+ tax
What do you think of this facility provided by the SBP? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for latest news and updates.