While cooking feels like a therapeutic experience for some – for others, not so much. Especially when it’s too hot to stand in the kitchen, and the stove’s heat feels unbearable. The humidity and hot weather tend to make us vulnerable, and it is even more challenging to cook, especially when you have had a long day at work. However, no worries, we have just the right thing for you today, and that is a few easy recipes you can easily make for quick meals at home.
1. Quick Mac & Cheese
Mac & cheese is undeniably the easiest recipe to date and the most common comfort food. This easy recipe will be made in minutes which you can devour without feeling the stove’s heat.
- a large mug
- a liquid measuring cup
- a 1/3 cup dry measuring cup
- elbow noodles
- some pre-shredded cheese
- a little milk and water.
- Put 1/3 cup of elbow noodles into your mug. Add a scant 1/2 cup of water to it. Be sure to use a liquid measuring cup to measure your water.
- You will microwave this mixture until the water has evaporated.
- Microwave it for 2 minutes to start, then stir. Then another minute, and stir again. Then a final minute and the water should be absorbed. If not, microwave a bit more until it is.
- Stir in your milk and cheese, and microwave for 30-60 seconds. Stir very well to blend everything into a creamy sauce, and enjoy.
2. Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
This Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza is an easy family night meal because it utilises your favourite barbeque sauce, blue cheese dressing and a fresh store-prepared rotisserie chicken.
Ingredients – Pizza Dough
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- One envelope yeast
- One tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/3 cup hot water (120 to 130°F)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- additional flour for rolling
- additional oil for grilling
Ingredients – Toppings
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese,
- Ranch dressing for drizzling & chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Add all Pizza Dough ingredients into a bowl. If using a stand mixer, use a dough hook, set it on medium and mix until blended (about 3-4 minutes). Add more flour as needed to blend well-using hands, and knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth (4 minutes). Let it rise at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Cut the ball of dough in half. Now you should have two. Roll both sections out on a well-floured surface to your desired thickness (rustic-shaped, not a perfect circle). Brush oil on top of one crust. Flip it over and put the oil-side right on the grill. Brush oil on the top, the un-oiled side, and shut the grill lid. Have a spatula ready. It will only take 1-2 minutes to cook this side. When it’s done, it will be easy to remove. Repeat all these steps with the second crust.
- Take it off the grill and transfer the 1/2 cooked crust to a pan (for transportation). Add your toppings to the grilled side (the bottom should not be cooked yet). Place the crust, with toppings, back on the grill, uncooked side down. Close the lid for 1-2 minutes. Please keep checking the bottom of the crust, so it does not burn. Repeat with the second crust.
3. Chicken Wrap
Adjust the spiciness of this wrap by adding more or less hot sauce, as desired. Also, use the softest wraps you can find.
- One whole wheat wrap
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cooked, sliced grilled chicken
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Lay the wrap out on a plate. Coat the wrap in hot sauce. Arrange the onion and cucumber down the centre of the wrap. Top with a lettuce leaf, spreading it out from end to end. Top with the grilled chicken.
- Shake some mayonnaise. (More if you want it to be mild, less for spicy) onto the chicken.
- Carefully roll one side of the wrap around the fillings. Continue rolling until it’s cylinder-shaped. Secure the wrap with two toothpicks. Cut it in half and serve immediately.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for the latest news and updates.