The Central Development Working Party (CDWM) has approved 15 major projects, worth a whopping Rs 172.1 billion, including 7 projects equivalent to Rs 162.9 billion referred to the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC).
The projects are as follows:
- Kacchi Canal project – PKR 80.3 billion have been allocated for the canal project
- Dualisation of Old Bannu Road and Indus Highway worth PKR 48 billion
- Muzaffarabad Rail link worth Rs.125 million.
- Chashma Nuclear Power Plant-III and IV worth PKR 233 billion
- Transport Infrastructure Planning and Management Unit costing about Rs. 207 million
- Mohmand dam – a revised project for the dam project worth Rs. 1 billion
Other lower level development projects that have been approved and recommended by the CDWP are:
- Establishment of Pak-Korea Hi-Tech Agricultural Innovation Center in Faisalabad for over Rs. 3 Bn
- The Industrial Innovation, Research Center & Strengthening of Islamic College University in Peshawar for about Rs. 1.5 bn
- Under the agriculture and food sector, the CDWP approved risk-based control of foot-and-mouth diseases in Pakistan; the project’s cost is Rs763 million.
- An education support project for Balochistan worth Rs. 1.5 bn has been approved by CWDP.
- Special focus on Maternal health and Newborn and child health and a nutrition program for people of Azad Kashmir has been referred to ECNEC worth Rs.7.8 bn
- The construction of 20 small Dams in KPK with a revised cost of about Rs.473 million
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for latest news and updates.