Bollywood veteran actor and producer, Vinod Khanna, passed away at the age of 70 on Thursday, April 27th after having a long battle with cancer. He was born in Peshawar, British India (now Pakistan) on 6 October 1946 to a Punjabi family. Mr. Vinod Khana was also an active politician and the sitting MP from Gurdaspur.
After making his debut in 1968, Khanna first acted in small second lead roles or negative roles. Khanna was popularly hailed as one of the most handsome lead actors ever in Bollywood, along with Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna and Shammi Kapoor.
The actor was known to be one of the best from Bollywood, with movies like ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’,’ Muqaddar ka Sikander’, and recent titles including ‘Dabaang’and ‘Dilwale’.
After being hospitalised to Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital for a few weeks, Khanna passed away and was said to be after a battle with cancer. Although the news about his deteriorating health in early 2017 started to spread, his family declined to disclose any information about his disease. In his last days, Khanna was surrounded by his children, family and wife Kavita.
The superstar had several achievements to his name:
- 1975 – Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Haath Ki Safai
- 1977 – Filmfare Nomination as Best Supporting Actor for Hera Pheri
- 1979 – Filmfare Nomination as Best Supporting Actor for Muqaddar Ka Sikander
- 1981 – Filmfare Nomination as Best Actor for Qurbani
- 1999 – Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2001 – Kalakar Awards Lifetime Achievement
- 2005 – Stardust Awards – Role Model for the Year
- 2007 – Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievement
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more news and updates.