Mango season might be gone, but that must not restrict you from enjoying the beloved fruit all year round. Thanks to science and the frozen fruit market. Mangoes are paired with a variety of dishes because they must not be only enjoyed alone. This means that we can now take mangoes to the next level. And what better way to eat them than making a biryani out of it? Absurd? Absolutely No! Because this recipe has been in the books for so long. Yet, only very few people know about it.
Mango chicken biryani is a spicy, sweet and sour Mughlai treat. Rich, spicy chicken biryani with a base of raw and ripe mangoes. All of them merged beautifully to give the spot-on balance to sourness, sweetness and spiciness. No fancy masalas (spices) are required. All you need is the ingredients that are easily available in every kitchen. Yet, it is one of the easiest biryani to make, which is also delicious.
Read More: 5 Healthy Pomegranate Popsicle Recipes You Can Make At Home
Convinced enough to try it? Let’s take a look at the recipe.
- 5 cups basmati rice, soaked for 45 minute
- 1 kg, Chicken on bones, cut into medium size pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cup ripe mangoes, finely chopped
- 350-gram thick yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon large onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 2 lemons Juice
Salt to taste
Water as needed
6-7 tablespoons oil
Grind to a coarse masala paste
1 & ½ cup raw mangoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup garlic cloves
2 &1/2 inches ginger piece
8-10 green chillies
2 inches cinnamon stick
8-10 green cardamoms
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon, black peppercorns
2 teaspoons cumin seed
4-5 green chillies
3/4 cup coriander leaves, very finely chopped
1/3 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup brown onions
1/3 cup Saffron soaked milk
- 100 ml, melted ghee
- Clean, wash and drain the chicken pieces. Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder and salt. Heat oil in a large pan. Add the whole spices and fry for a few seconds followed by the chopped onions & salt and saute until translucent. Now, add the marinated chicken pieces and sauté on high, for 4 minutes. Add the prepared paste and sauté on high for another 3-4 minutes. Add the spice powders- turmeric, coriander powder, & garam masala powder.
- Once the chicken is done, sprinkle some ghee over the chicken masala. Garnish coriander leaves and mint leaves along with slit chillies and fried onions.
- Add curd and mix until blended well. Then add the chopped mangoes and lemon juice. Mix well. Cover and cook until the chicken is done. In a large pan or handi, add enough water and bring it to a boil. Add rice and a few drops of lemon juice along with salt. Cook rice until done.
- Gently spread cooked rice over the prepared chicken masala. Top it with saffron milk and pour ghee. Cover it with a tight lid and keep it on simmer for 30 minutes. Switch off the heat and let it stand for a few minutes. Mango chicken biryani is ready to serve. Serve hot with the raita of your choice.
Read More: 8 Places To Find The Juiciest Chicken Tikka In Karachi
Let us know if you have tried it or are willing to try it in the comments below.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for the latest news and updates.