The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has pushed back against claims by the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA) regarding payment delays in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), asserting that player payments have always been made promptly throughout the league’s history.

In response to FICA’s recent report highlighting payment issues in various franchise leagues, including the PSL, the PCB categorically denied any instances of payment delays in the tournament.

Usman Wahla, the PCB’s director of international cricket operations, emphasized that all players have received their payments on time in all nine seasons of the PSL.

“There has never been any delay in player payments in any of our nine PSL seasons. We have communicated this to FICA and requested them to correct their information,” Wahla stated.

Source: Cricinfo

The PCB’s contract terms ensure swift payment processing, with 70% of the player fee disbursed within seven days of their arrival in Pakistan and the remaining 30% settled within 40 days of the final match.

This rebuttal from the PCB comes in the wake of FICA’s report, which highlighted payment issues across franchise leagues, including the IPL, WPL, Bangladesh Premier League, and others.

This isn’t the first time the PCB has faced allegations regarding payment issues. Australian all-rounder James Faulkner raised concerns about payment fulfilment during the 2022 PSL season.

However, the PCB refuted Faulkner’s claims, asserting that no player had ever complained about contractual obligations not being met in the league’s seven-year history.

Stay tuned to Brandsynario for the latest news and updates.