PM Imran Khan has introduced a new scheme called Apna Ghar Housing scheme, aka Naya Pakistan Housing Program to help those who are finding it hard to survive in the hustle and bustle of Karachi.
The idea behind this scheme is to provide 500,000 homes for the deserving with the help of National Registration and Database Authority (NADRA).
According to the available information, registration forms will be provided by NADRA at a minimal price.
Naya Pakistan Housing Program Objective
The PM’s scheme objective is to provide housing for 5 million homeless Karachiites in the next 5 years.
Tentative Cost Estimate
Category Area Sq. Ft. Cost (approx.) Rs.
- 250 Sq. Ft. (Rs. 100,000)
- 450 Sq. Ft. (Rs. 400,000)
- 700 Sq. Ft. (Rs. 600,000)
- 800 Sq. Ft. (Rs. 700,000)
- 1200 Sq. Ft. (Rs. 1,100,000)
- 1500 Sq. Ft. (Rs. 1,500,000)
Naya Pakistan Housing Program 2018 Application
Offices, where forms can be submitted:
SUKKUR: DC Office, Sukkur
GILGIT : DC Office, Gilgit
MUZAFFARABAD: DC Office old secretariat, Muzaffarabad
ISLAMABAD: NADRA Mega Center, Blue Area Islamabad
FAISALABAD: DC Office Faisalabad
In order to ensure all is going smoothly and according to plan, Prime Minister Imran Khan has assembled a task force. Previous month a Task Force meeting was held which was attended by the following:
- Housing Minister for Punjab Mian Mehmood-ur-Rasheed
- Mr. Najeeb Haroon, MNA
- Lt. Gen Moazzam Ajaz
- Quarter-Master General (QMG)
- Maj General Naveed Safdar, Director General Army Lands
- Dr. Imran Zeb Khan Secretary Housing
- Mr. Arshad Dad
- Mr. Yaqoob Tahir Izhar
- Mr. Ali Zafar
- Mr. Zaigham Mahmood Rizvi
- Mr. Saleem Ranjha of Akhuwwat Foundation and others
As of now, all details are speculations and have been provided by sources. Authentic details will be provided later tonight as PM Imran Khan will officially inaugurate the pilot project at 5 PM.
What do you think about the ‘Apna Ghar’ scheme?
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more news and updates.