Face yoga is a thing, and once you try these exercises, it’ll become your favorite form of exercise! It is a series of repetitive facial exercises that stimulate face muscles, tighten the skin, and reduce signs of aging.
By overall stimulating circulation to your face, you get a plump and refreshed face!
1. Forehead Smoother
In this exercise, acupressure is used to remove tension at key points in your forehead. This relaxing movement will help prevent wrinkles and smooth any persistent forehead lines.
- Make fists and place them on your forehead.
- Apply pressure using your middle and index finger knuckles.
- Maintain pressure as you slowly slide your fists to either side.
- End at your temples, gently applying more pressure.
- Repeat four times.
2. Jaw Stretch
We’ve all been there… trying to flex the jaw, so we get that definition. However, by tightening your jawline with this neck firming exercise, you can prevent fine lines, trim up any unwanted fat in the jaw, and firm up a double chin!
- Pucker your lips to one side until you feel a stretch in your cheek.
- Turn your head to that side and lift at a 45 degrees angle.
- Hold for 3 seconds to feel the stretch in your neck.
- Repeat once, and then switch to the other side.
3. Cheek Plumper
If your face is tired or lackluster, the cheeks are the first place where it will show. Work the muscles in your cheeks upward and push against your skin’s natural gravity to give them a more lifted and plumper appearance.
- Close your lips tightly.
- Suck your cheeks in, forming “fish lips” with your mouth.
- Hold this position for up to 10 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
4. Face Firmer
This advanced yoga exercise effectively engages your entire face. It tones, defines, and activates both cheeks and lower regions of the face. As you stretch, you should feel a slight burning in the corners of your mouth and cheeks — the best sign.
- Form an “O” with your mouth and fold your lips over your teeth.
- Smile with the corners of your mouth.
- Place your fingers on your cheeks and apply firm pressure.
- Close your eyes and pull your chin away from your face.
- Hold for 20 seconds, and then repeat three times.
5. Giraffe Neck
Your neck is one of the first areas to show signs of aging. Stretching the platysma muscle in your neck daily can help firm up the natural looseness of the décolletage and even smooth your jawline and mouth area.
- Place your fingertips on your collar bones.
- Tilt your head backward and tightly pucker your lips.
- As your head is tilted back, jut out your lower lip and place your fingers on your collarbone.
- Bring your head back to the chest and repeat two more times.
- Hold for four deep breaths.
Which one of these will you be trying? Let us know in the comments below!
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for the latest news and updates.