Spain is one of Europe’s most exotic countries; from deliciously scrumptious food to the soulful Spanish flamenco, and exquisite architecture, Spain is a blend of some curiously unusual conventions, cultural adaptations, a stirring drive to live in the moment and an inexorably adventurous spirit.
It is a diverse country that shares its Iberian Peninsula with the western end of the Mediterranean Sea, meeting with Portugal. The country has the largest number of World Heritage Cities and the second largest World Heritage sites by UNESCO. With years of cultural history, a beautiful climate, famous coastlines, exotic mountain ranges and vast landscapes, Spain is an exotic travel destination for many; especially newlyweds for their honeymoon.
Here are the top 27 iconic locations to be visited when in Spain. Have a look!
1. Alcázar of Seville
2. Casa Batlló
3. Costa Del Sol
4. El Patio de la Acequia, El Generalife (Court of the Water Channel or Water-Garden Courtyard)
5. Gothic Quarter, Barcelona
7. Alhambra in Granada, Spain
8. Mosque of Córdoba
9. Montjuic, Barcelona
10. Montserrat, Spain
11. Museo del Prado
12. Palma Cathedral
13. Park Güell
14. Plaza de España
15. Plaza Mayor Madrid
16. Buen Retiro Park
17. Royal Palace of Madrid
18. Sagrada Familia
19. Santiago Bernabéu Stadium
20. Santiago de Compostela, Cathedral
21. Segovia Aqueduct
22. Seville’s Bullfight
23. Seville Cathedral
24. Temple of Debod
25. Toledo Cathedral
26. Tomatina Festival (Tomato Festival)
27. Monastery of San Lorenzo
Spain Visa Requirements
- Submit visa applications in person, at least four weeks prior to intended date of travel.
- Passports should be valid at least six months at the time of visa application. Please bring previous passports, if any, and attach with application copies, on A4 size paper, of used pages, copies of Schengen, US, UK, Canada, Australia visas.
- Photocopy of your national ID card.
- Police report if previous passports lost.
- Visa Application Form, Security questionnaire and 2 recent photos (35mmX45cm / white background)
- Original signed letter of the applicant’s company/employer stating name, position, salary, duration of employment, address and contact numbers of the employer, purpose, and duration of visit to the Schengen state(s).
- Supporting documents of personal income:
– Original bank statements of the last six months stamped by the bank, bank maintenance letter
– National Tax Number Certificate (NTM) for the previous two years
– Proof of income tax payment (FBR)
– Last three salary slips for salaried individuals
- A copy of flight booking.
- If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission, written explanation about the reason for trip and refusal letter.
- Original and photocopy of Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA (in English or with a certified translation if in Urdu)
- Original and copy of a travel medical insurance policy of not less than 30,000 Euros. The policy must cover medical and hospitalization expenses for the entire period of valid stay on Schengen territory as well as repatriation costs. Consult the valid list of authorized insurance companies in Pakistan as agreed by Schengen partners in Islamabad.
- The applicants are requested to submit certificates proving that concerned person has received Oral Polio Vaccine.
- Accommodation / hotel reservation for your period of stay.
- Covering letter requesting the Visa officer for issuance of visa.
When to Visit and Purchase Air Ticket
- Try visiting in the off season. Up to 30% off during off season
- Air tickets are the biggest expense. Plan ahead and Book early.
- Look for periodic off-season discounts run by many airlines to get a good deal on airlines
- September-October (Off season, weather is neither cold nor hot)
Budget (7 days/nights vacation to Barcelona)
- Air tickets: Rs 79,000 per person
- Visa Rs 8,000 per person
- Travel insurance Rs 2500 per person
- Accommodation (3star) Rs 22,000 per person (twin sharing)(15 min walk from City Center)
- Transportation Rs 12,000 per person (using bus, and Metro)
- Food/ Entertainment Rs 41,500 per person ( Fast food, local street food, tours)
- Expenses Rs 10,000 per person
- Total Rs 175,000 per person
The calculation has been done based on the following:
- Cheapest air ticket from Karachi- Barcelona (Ticket price comparison website prices)
- Accommodation prices from world’s top hotel booking engine
- Transport Euro 100 (Metro from Airport to City Centre, use metro where necessary)
- Food and Accommodation @ Euro 50 per person per day. (Euro 7 per meal= Euro 21+Euro 30 for tours/museum entry per day)
- Expenses to be spent for buying souvenirs at the end of trip $100
- 1 Euro =PKR 118-120
- Carry Euro from Pakistan
- Calculations are per person based on twin sharing accommodation
- Accommodation Prices may vary by 40% if you go for budget accommodation or luxury accommodation.
Source: Travel Package Compare
A Pakistan Travel and Tour empowerment website where various tour operators provide several packages offered for travel purposes. So discover the world today, by signing up with Travel Package Compare and enjoy a carefree vacation to some of the world’s exotic destinations.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more information on exotic travel locations.