After Prime Minister’s Free Laptop Scheme for students of the nation, yet another great offer is on its way for the learners.
Students from economically weaker sections can now apply for Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme.
Introduced in June 2012, the scheme was initially designed to reimburse tuition fees and mandatory charges for the students of Balochistan, FATA, and Gilgit Baltistan. Now, as many as 114 districts of Pakistan are eligible for the offer.
Consequently, students are encouraged to pursue higher education from less developed areas through the easy financing of their tuition fees paid directly to universities.
Financial Coverage of the Scheme:
1. Actual Tuition Fee (of Masters, MS/MPhil, and Ph.D. programs)
2. On and Off Mandatory charges which includes Registration Fee/Enrollment Fee, Admission fee (For new admissions only), Examination Fee, Library charges(non-refundable), Laboratory charges, Research-related academic activities only.
3. Non-study related heads like transport fee, hostel fee, Sports fee, Endowment Fund, Equipment Fee, Health Fee or Any Refundable dues will not be paid.
Approved Study Duration in which Student can get financial benefit under the Scheme
|MS/M.Phil (Medical Universities)||2 Years minimum -3 maximum Years|
|Ph.D (Natural Sciences)||5 Years|
|Ph.D (Social Sciences & others)||4 Years|
Rules for Registration
- Kindly use your own CNIC, email, and mobile number for validation/new registration, as the provided data will be used for further processing. Provision of incorrect data may lead to disqualification from Prime Minister’s Schemes.
- Please register/validate yourself on PMFRS portal using the same email and phone number used in Laptop Scheme. Any correction for email and mobile number will not be entertained.
- Active email and active number are required once for Prime Minister’s Schemes and no correction will be entertained.
- Ensure that you enter your own active email address and phone number.
Provision of incorrect, false or forged information may result in cancellation of your candidature at any stage.
- Don’t register anyone on your behalf: It would lead straight away to disqualification from the scheme.
- You won’t be able to receive the mobile verification code if your SIM is converted to another network.
- SMS verification code may be received within 10 – 15 min, so be patient.
- Multiple registrations against the same email will result in cancellation of all records.
- In case of CNIC correction for non-validated students, please share the scanned copy of your CNIC with your university focal person.
- If you are currently enrolled in a degree program and have already availed Fee Reimbursement Scheme for previous degree level, then you are required to send a request to HEC for allowing you to update your academic details.
- All student guides are available on portal in User Guides section: http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/guide.php.
- For further queries, you may visit FAQs section: http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/q-a.php.
Approved Regions & Universities
|Provinces||Districts (114)||Approved Universities for Masters, MS/M.Phil Students||Approved Universities for Ph.D students|
|Balochistan||Kalat,Mastung,Khuzdar,Awaran,Washuk, Kharan/Rakhshan , Lasbela ,Ketch , Gwadar, Punjgur , Nasirabad, Jaffarabad ,Jhal Magsi,Bolan ,Quetta Urban, Quetta Rural,Pishin , Killa Abdulla ,Killa Saifullah,Barkhan ,Musa Khel, Loralai, Sheerani ,Zhob ,Dera Bugti ,Kohlu , Ziarat, Harnai , Sibi ,Nushki ,Chagai(Dalbandin), Turbat||Public Sector Universities located in Balochistan Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Gilgit/||Hunza–Nagar, Gilgit, Skardu, Ghanche, Ghizar, Diamir, Astore||Public Sector Universities located in Gilgit/ Baltistan Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Azad Jammu & Kashmir||Bhimber, Kotli, Mirpur, Muzaffarabad, Hattian, Neelam, Poonch, Haveli, Bagh, Sudhnoti||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Azad Jammu & Kashmir Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|FATA||Bajaur, Khyber ,Kurram, South Waziristan, North Waziristan, Mohmand, Orakzai||Public Sector Universities of Khyber PakhtunKhwa only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Frontier Regions (Peshawar , Kohat, Bannu, Lakki , D.I. Khan, Tank)|
|Interior Sindh||Thatta, Badin, Tharparkar, Umerkot, Mirpur Khas, Tando Allahyar, Naushahro Feroze, Tando Muhammad Khan, Sanghar, Khairpur, Benazirabad/NawabShah, Dadu, Qambar Shahdadkot, Larkana, Matiari, Ghotki, Shikarpur, Jacobabad, Sukkur, Kashmore||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Interior Sindh Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|South Punjab||Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, Bahwal Nagar, Multan, Lodhran, Khanewal, Vehari, Dera Ghazi Khan, Muzaffar Garh, Rajan Pur, Layyah||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in South Punjab Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Khyber Pakhtun||Chitral, Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Swat, Buner, Shangla, Malakand, Kohistan, D.I.Khan, Tank, Lakki Marwat, Batgram, Kala Dhaka/Torghar, Kohat, Bannu, Hangu, Karak||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Khyber PakhtunKhwa Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Punjab||Attock||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Attock Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Khushab, Mianwali and Bhakkar||University of Sargodha and University of Education and their campuses and Post Graduate Colleges located in Khushab, Mianwali and Bhakkar only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
How to Apply
Students who are newly admitted in Public Sector University in Spring/Fall Session (depending upon the university’s admission cycle) are required to apply through online student web portal system i.e. http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/
15th November 2017