After the shutting down of illegal and health-hazardous food streets and restaurants in Punjab by the food authorities, Punjab Healthcare Commission is now in action too!
PHC has suspended 19 operation theaters of 9 different hospitals as they were deemed as ‘unfit’ for carrying out surgeries.
They also issued show-cause notices to 21 healthcare establishments in five different districts, the reason being the failure to implement minimum service delivery standards and violating the PHC act 2010.
In Gujranwala district, hospitals in which surgeries are being suspended are listed below:
- Four OTs of Gondal Medical Complex
- Two theatres of Medicare International Hospital
- Siddique Sadiq Memorial Trust Hospital
- Social Security Hospital.
Other hospitals where the surgeries have been suspended are:
- Three OTs of Al-Syed Hospital
- Two of Al-Ihsan Hospital
- One of Rawalpindi DHQ Hospital
- Two each of the City Hospital and Niazi Hospital of Lahore.
The commission has also issued show-cause notices to 21 healthcare establishments.
Six of them are in Faisalabad district:
- Faisalabad Institute of Cardiology
- National Hospital
- Social Security Hospital
- Government General Hospital
- Independent University Hospital
- Aziz Fatima Trust Hospital.
Rests of them are in different cities of Punjab, names of few are mentioned below:
- Lahore Fountain House
- Faiz Memorial Hospital and Ashraf Medical Complex of Sargodha
- Niaz Memorial Hospital
- Mian Afzal Trust Hospital
- Al-Raee Hospital and Sharif Hospital of Gujranwala
- Bakhtawar Amin Trust Hospital and a few others.
The Punjab Health Care Authority is vigorously keeping an eye on the hospitals that are not up to the mark. This will, in the long run, improve the quality of services being provided by the medical centers.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates.
Contributed By: Umaima Nadeem