Petrol pump scams are a very common practice. Usually, individuals take advantage of the other person to rip-off some cash.
However, as time goes on, more and more people have become aware, and thanks to social media victims do not think twice before calling out the employees who committed the fraud.
Nonetheless, there are still some ways through which you can save yourself from becoming a victim.
The 5 ways are as followed:
- Always check ‘zero’ on the meter no matter how busy a pump or station may be. Do not hesitate in asking the attendant to step aside from in front of the meter. It is always better to step out for 2 minutes and monitor it yourself.
- Do not engage in a conversation with an attendant if it means taking your eyes off the meter. You can continue it if you are still looking at the meter.
- Do not give money to the attendant while the meter is still running even if you are in a rush.
- Once you check the “zero meter” make sure it remains ‘zero’ until the nozzle is inserted/switched on.
- If the pump stops pre-maturely, pay close attention to the meter.
Although it seems like something that takes effort and time, it will save you money!
Stay alert, stay safe, and stay tuned to Brandsynario.