Karachi Traffic Police have identified 19 dangerous spots across the metropolitan where careless and reckless driving can prove to be fatal.
These hotspots are not just fatal for drivers, but a small mistake can make them deadly for passengers and bypassers as well.
The top 19 dangerous spots are:
- 4K Chowrangi Surjani Town
- Drigg Road
- Gul Bai
- Hakim Ibn-e-Sina Road
- Hub River Road
- ICI Bridge
- Johar Morr
- Khayaban-e-Muhafiz in Defence Housing Authority (DHA)
- Liaquatabad No. 10 and vicinity
- Maripur Road
- Multiple locations at M.A. Jinnah Road
- Route from Chamra Chowrangi to Vita Chowrangi in Korangi
- Route from National Highway to Malir 15
- Saeedabad Police Training Center and surroundings
- Several areas in Gulberg
- Teen Hatti
- Various locations at Rashid Minhas Road
In the year, 71 individuals have died due to road accidents in 88 accidents in these areas. Whereas, more than 30 crashes, including fatal ones, have occurred in the current year.
“If people heed the traffic guidelines and not violate the rules, such accidents can be reduced to a large extent,” Karachi traffic police said, urging people to be aware, cautious, and prioritize their safety.