We all have searched for something we don’t want anyone else to find out. Be it Instagram or any other app.
Some people have a habit of deleting their history, while others let it linger. The chances are that they don’t know how to delete history or previous search results permanently.
Every app has its way of deleting history, and it is not as easy as clearing your browsing history as a kid.
Whether it is your mom leaning over your shoulder to check out something on Instagram, you just told her about or a friend looking up someone’s profile from yours, the first few names are downright embarrassing.
Here are a few simple steps that you can follow to delete your history permanently:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Head to your Instagram Page
- Go to Settings
- Go to Security
- Go to Clear Search History at the bottom.
You can now manually remove any handles you like, such as your ex, your ex’s new partner, your ex’s partner’s best friends, and the list goes on!
Or you can just tap on “Clear All” in the right-hand corner, and you’re done!
Pro Tip: Don’t clear all your searches, as clearing your entire search history can seem a bit suspicious. Leave a few handles here and there that don’t concern you.
There are so many options we do not know about the social media apps we daily use.
Read more on how you can recover hacked Instagram accounts!
Your search history is different when you’re using your profile on the Web. You must also delete that. Few simple steps to do that too!
- Just got to Settings and click on your profile photo in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Then, tap on the Settings icon and the “Privacy and Security” tab.
3. Scroll down and click on Account data and then “View Account Data.”
4. Under the “Account Activity” tab, you’ll see “Search History” and the option to “View All.” Then, click “Clear Search History” and “Yes, I’m Sure” to delete the list of Instagram handles.
These steps will make more sense if you read them side by side while operating your app. No more worrying when someone asks for your phone anymore.
Have something to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
For more news and updates, stay tuned to Brandsynario.