Since 2004, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has been offering scholarships for financially disadvantaged students of Pakitan
The Project is funded by Government of United States of America as Grant in Aid.It supports financially deserving students, providing opportunities for access to higher education. It helps the underprivileged candidates who, despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education.
Scholarships on Merit & Needs Basis
Apply at https://t.co/gPB3LN6zpv
— HEC Pakistan (@hecpkofficial) November 11, 2017
The scholarship covers:
- living expenses
- Other Academics Costs
Students willing to take admission in private and public universities of Pakistan in the fields of Agriculture, Medical, Business, Social Science, and Engineering can apply for the program.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the following disciplines at the selected 29 Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
a. Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences
b. Business Administration
c. Social Sciences
d. Engineering & Tech.
I. Agricultural (incl. Veterinary Sciences and Bio-Technology)
II. Social Sciences includes (Peace &Conflict Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Linguistics, Law, Communication and Media studies, International Relations, and Psychology)
III. 50% Female Seats: Women’s participation in the education sector is very low. This activity will ensure that at least 50% of the awarded scholarships go to women, especially those coming from remote and vulnerable areas of Pakistan, who are financially needy and meet admission criteria of the selected 29 partner universities
- Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 and 5 ) and Graduate (2 Years and 3.5 years) programs
- Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the financial background of his/her family
Universities Eligible for the Program
How to Apply
All those willing to apply online can register here: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates.