The biggest dream of any passionate Pakistani student is to study overseas in his/her dream university, graduate in their desired field with flying colors, develop a career of choice, bag a worthwhile job and later, enjoy a luxurious lifestyle.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced ‘Overseas Scholarships for Public Sector Universities’ having Human Resource Development (HRD) component in their Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP).
The scholarships are being offered for PhD under Faculty Development Programme of HEC, revealed an official of HEC.
These scholarships are offered for the faculty of the universities including:
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir Women University
- Balochistan University of Engineering and technology, Khuzdar, Balochistan,
- Ghazi University, Dera Ghazi Khan,
- FATA University,
- Khushhaal Khan Khattak University, Karak,
- Lahore College for Women University, Lahore
- National University of Modern Languages (NUML)
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Benazirabad,
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana,
- University of Baltistan, Skardu,
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
- University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar (Jalozai campus)
- University of Malakand,
- University of Swabi
- University of Swat main campus and women sub campus at Mangora,
- Women University, Multan.
- Candidates must have minimum 18 years education in M.Phil, MS or equivalent degree in relevant field.
- Candidates will have to secure admissions in the international universities with whom HEC has signed agreement.
- HEC may allocate any country or international university to the candidate for the purpose of PhD studies abroad
- Selected candidates who are not faculty member in any of the mentioned universities will be offered faculty position as lecturer in respective university through its selection board.
- Scholarships will only be awarded in the fields selected for that university after appointment as lecturer.
- Awardees will have to execute a bond with HEC and respective university to serve the same university for five years after completion of studies.
- No request for change of university for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case
HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) will be conducted by HEC for eligible applicants who are required to get 50 percent marks.
How to Apply
The applicants can submit the online applications through the HEC e-portal: eportal.hec.gov.pk/ofdp.