Hackers in Pakistan are using children to steal important information related to debit and credit cards. As the street crimes have declined greatly, thanks to the lockdown, the number of cybercrimes have increased.
Since the criminal activities on the internet have increased, the Cyber Crime Wing (CCW) of FIA has issued an advisory. The advisory suggests the parents educate their kids to remain safe.
The use of the internet among children has increased as educational institutions are closed. Hackers have been using children to steal residential addresses, debit and credit card numbers and other important information.
The cases of online theft have increasingly doubled during the pandemic. All complaints lodged seem to have the same pattern.
The child becomes friends with a stranger online and then he/she somehow manages to get all the information. The child usually spills the beans in exchange for rewards.
How to Curb Cybercrime during the Lockdown?
CCW FIA has advised following measures for parents to adopt and curb cybercrimes during the lockdown
1. Educate children to not click on random links received in the inbox.
2. Children must not accept requests from strangers on social media.
3. When shopping online, make sure to buy from certified online stores to avoid financial loss
4. Limit and control internet access for children
5. Do not share browsing services with children.
For more news and updates, stay tuned to Brandsynario.