GIK or GIKI University is known for excelling in the discipline of Engineering. If you are hoping to make your mark as an engineer, try out the GIKI admissions process this year, and who knows, maybe you will get into one of the top engineering university.
So let’s get started, shall we?
The admission at GIKI largely depends on the past educational achievements and the admission test. The test is comprised of multiple-choice questions on Physics and Mathematics subjects of intermediate level. Moreover, the candidates are also gauged on their English language skills, considering the education medium of the institute is primarily in English.
This test is held in all the significant cities, namely Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, and Quetta. You will get to know about the test venue online when you get your admit-card. Interestingly, the applicants can choose their platform according to what suits them. Successful candidates will be informed online, as well, moreover, if a former GIK applicant whose enrolment was canceled can reappear for the test.
Let’s talk about the eligibility now. For Engineering & Computer Science Programs, the candidates should have one of these:
- HSSC (Pre-Engineering, i.e., Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry), 60% or above marks in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics, 60% or above marks in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- A-Levels in three subjects Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with D or above in Mathematics & Physics. Note that Pakistanis should have 8 O-levels (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies). But if the applicant is applying from abroad, they need 5 O-levels with 60% or above marks as per the IBCC equivalence formula.
- If candidates have an American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma, they need Mathematics (with Calculus) for sure. Also, with Physics and chemistry, they need 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula, in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
Now let’s see the application procedure.
So the cycle for admission starts in mid-April each year and ends by mid-August. Potential candidates can find the advertisements in prominent newspapers of the country. The process is entirely online. You can find instructions at http://admissions.giki.edu.pk
So, first of all, you register at the above link as a candidate. Then you fill and submit the online admission form. You will have to pay the registration amount in any HBL branch. You will then get the Prospectus from GIK. Appear at the admission test with your admit card and a paid Bank Challan and SSC or O-Level certificate.
- The online admission form should be complete
- If appearing in the 2nd part of HSSC/A-Levels/Equivalent this year, the applicant will be eligible for provisional admission. The confirmation of entry will be subject to your part II result.
- And the Undertaking Certificate at the end
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more news and updates!