Remember how Samsung and LG were trying to make a foldable phone and how Apple joined the race, which is rumoured to be working with LG on a foldable OLED Smartphone?
Well, looks like a US-based manufacturer beat them to it by finally making a fold-able dual screen Smartphone that actually works and will be on sale!
The company behind the phone is Axon M.
ZTE Axon M has been launched exclusively on AT&T in the US and will be available starting next month. The Chinese company has confirmed that the Axon M will also be making its way to other markets including China, Europe, and Japan.
The company is also in the works of introducing the new Axon M as a multimedia device as it claims it fits in a pocket quite easily when folded. The smartphone comes in 4 different modes.
- Dual mode, which will allow users to use two different apps on separate screens;
- The extended mode can stream email or allows users play games on a full 6.75-inch full-HD display;
- Mirror mode, which allows users to mirror the same content on both the screen when folded with both screens in different directions.
- Traditional mode, which allows users to use the device as a conventional smartphone. ZTE Axon M will be available at $24.17 for 30 months on AT&T Next when they have eligible service.
- The ZTE Axon M features two 5.2-inch dual full-HD TFT LCD displays with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- It is powered by Snapdragon 821 SoC, which may seem slightly outdated.
- It comes with 4GB of RAM and packs 64GB inbuilt storage.
- there’s 20-megapixel single camera which can be used for rear and front-facing shots.
- The rear camera comes with f/1.8 aperture.
- The Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based handset packs 3180mAh battery and supports Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging.