Caterpillar the world-famous maker of industrial goods have announced a new product for the market.
CAT has now made a smartphone targeted to those with heavy-duty jobs or those who love some adventure in their lives.
The new S41 has a design which is not as attractive as the other smartphones in the industry but it has a competitive advantage over the others.
It will survive in extreme conditions which other phones would not be able to withstand.
The new CAT S41 is waterproof, can work for up to one hour to a depth of 2 meters. It is fit for a rugged lifestyle and is an upgrade from the s40 that was released years ago.
Specs & Features of the S41
- CPU: 2.3 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP2
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P20
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual-SIM
- IP68 certified – dust/waterproof over 2.0 meters and 60 minutes
- Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.8 m
- MIL-STD-810G compliant – salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant
- 5” TFT LCD with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: yes, via microSD
- Primary: 13 MP, PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary: 8 MP
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cat.6 LTE, GPS, micro USB
- Battery: 5000 mAh; USB OTG, Pump Express 2.0 fast charging
The S41 is priced at a competitive rate of $449.