Google announced its plan to launch its next generation OS at the I/O conference.
Eventually, it became the talk of the town as everyone wanted to know what is the tech giant bringing in next to the platform.
The company is all set to launch their new platform on August 21st. The 8th generation operating software is being said to bring some new features for Android users.
Some of the features expected are as followed;
- Picture-in-Picture Mode (PiP)
- Fewer-notification bombardment
- Limit background apps
- Fonts combined with XML
- Autofill APIs support
- Support for latest Java 8 APIs
- Wide-gamut colour displays for apps
- WiFi without an internet access point
- Lock screen shortcut
- Upgraded keyboard navigation
List of Compatible Phones
The following are the Android compatible phones;
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 5X
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel
- Note 8 will come with Android Nougat but will be updated to Android O
- Galaxy S8+
- Galaxy S8 Active
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S7 edge
- Galaxy S7 Active
- Galaxy S7
- HTC U11
- HTC U Ultra
- HTC Bolt
- HTC 10
- Z2 series
- G5 series
- G4 series
Moreover, there are other smartphones such as LG V30, LG V20, LG G6, OnePlus 3/3T, OnePlus 5, and BlackBerry KeyONE, which might also receive Android O update.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more news and updates!