A fairy tale is a fictional story that may feature folkloric characters (such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, witches, giants, and talking animals) and enchantments, often involving a far-fetched sequence of events. The term is also used to describe something blessed with unusual happiness, as in “fairy tale ending” (a happy ending) or “fairy tale romance” though not all fairy tales end happily.
Advertising is a business of communication design and development where messages are conveyed to the masses through beautiful words and interesting images.
Advertisements can be of different kinds starting from print ads, online advertisements, commercials and many more. Amongst these advertisements, a print ad is the oldest form and though its importance has decreased in the recent time, but still it is used as an effective means for reaching out to a large number of audiences [basically consumers].
Characters of the fairy tales have engraved a special place in our hearts; we can relate to the fairy tales’ characters easily. This factor is often utilized by the advertising professionals [copywriters and art directors] to give shape to creative print ads and thereby share a beautiful and inspiring story. These have proven to be a very effective means of reaching out to the targeted customers.
The famous global brands from various business sectors creatively make use of the most famous fairy tales and their popular characters to develop the brand’s own story and come up with a message strategy [focusing on assertion, announcement, promise or claim] that hits the bull’s eye.
Have a look at the awesome collection of 14 creative advertisements inspired by fairy tales. For students, I have specially mentioned the name of clients, product and message strategy above each image. Enjoy and share it with your friends!
1. Client: Literacy Foundation [Canada], Product: NGO, Message Strategy: Assertion
2. Client: Nestle, Product: Kit Kat Chocolate, Message Strategy: Claim
3. Client: Levis, Product: Levis’ Kids, Message Strategy: Claim
4. Client: Nivea, Product: Nivea Sun, Message Strategy: Promise
5. Client: Bru, Product: Bru Cappuccino [Coffee], Message Strategy: Claim
6. Client: Nokia, Product: Nokia 6790, Message Strategy: Announcement
7. Client: Home of Melissa, Product: Melissa Plastic Shoes, Message Strategy: Claim
8. Client: Hero Baby, Product: Hero Baby Milks & Cereals, Message Strategy: Claim
9. Client: Volvo, Product: Seven Seater SUV XC90, Message Strategy: Promise
10. Client: Parmalat [Australia], Product: Rush Flavored Milk, Message Strategy: Claim
11. Client: Hall’s of Scotland, Product: Wee Willie Winkie’s Sausages, Message Strategy: Promise
12. Client: NovoJournal [Brazil], Product: Newspaper, Message Strategy: Claim
13. Client: Ajuda De Mae [Portugal], Product: NGO, Message Strategy: Assertion
14. Client: Knorr, Product: Quick & Easy Soups, Message Strategy: Claim
So which of these creative ads is your favourite?
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates!