Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has instructed the local government department to begin work on a Rs.8 Billion scheme for 14 Mega Projects Phase 2 in Karachi that will kick off from the 15th December.
The Karachi Developments Phase 1 were reviewed in the meeting and the deadline for the beginning of the next phase was set. The meeting was attended by Local Government Minister Jam Khan Shoro, CM Sohail Rajput’s Senior Secretary, Commissioner Karachi Aijaz Khan, PD Karachi Package Niaz Soomro.
The 14 Development Projects in Karachi on which work is to start within the next week are and its costs are listed below:
- Tank Chowrangi to Super Highway via Thadho Nalo – Rs.350 million
- Reconstruction of Tipu Sultan Rd from Sh-e-Faisal to Karsaz – Rs. 280 million
- Construction of Bridge at Tipu Sultan and Khalid Bin Waleed intersection at Shaheed-e-Millat Rd – Rs. 1500 million
- Extension of Stadium Road from University Road to Rashid Minhas -Rs.270 million
- Landhi Road modeling – Rs. 1500 million
- Cantt Station Road improvement – Rs 240 million
- Construction of road from Fuwara Chowk to Garden Via Abdullah Haroon Road and back to Fawara Chowk via Zaibunisa Road. – Rs 650 million
- Construction of bridge over Korangi Nala near Habib Bank – Rs 200 million
- Construction of bridge at Intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Gizri Boulevard – Rs 700 million
- Construction of stormwater drain (SWD) from Hassan Sq to Lyari River – Rs 700 million
- Construction of SWD from Star Gate to Chakora Nala, Shahrah-e-Faisal – Rs 200 million
- Water supply improvement to Baldia Town – Rs 400 million
- The Interchange Bridge at ICI Intersection at Rs 1000 million is hosted on the SPPRA website for technical evaluation.
- Construction of Flyover at Lee Market at Rs 644 million is listed on the SPPRA website for technical evaluation
Further on the Chief Minister has given a deadline to open the Submarine underpass (one way) on December 15th, 2017 and has instructed work to begin on the Flyover at Sunset Boulevard on the same day. He added,
“I want you to finalize alternate route parallel to Sunset Boulevard for the convenience of the people of the area.”
During the meeting, progress on the University road has been completed by 95% while the road between NED to Safoora is 82% complete.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for latest news and updates.