Apple’s latest version of the Operating System – iOS 14 has finally launched. The announcement was made during the WWDC keynote event. Reportedly, the latest operating system will power the latest iPhones coming out later this year.
Since the very beginning, iOS has been known for its monotonous home screen that never got a makeover. However, this time, the home screen got its due attention. As soon as you reinstall iOS 14, you will see many new features.
There are many changes in the existing features too! Here’s a list of 8 cool functions you must check out:
- Home Screen: Home screen is probably the most exciting to see right now. The icons have been redesigned for the default app. You can use widgets of your desired size. App drawers are introduced, and so much more.
- The App Library: The App library automatically organizes your app’s category wise. Swipe right, and you’ll automatically reach to the App Library. You can search for apps on top of the drawer, and a vertical list will pull through.
- Widgets: Say hello to the widgets. No more staring at grids of icons! The widgets already existed, but they have been redesigned to showcase information on your Home Screen. For instance: You can see your task list right on your home screen. These can be redesigned as per your liking.
- Siri: Siri got its fair share of attention too! It appears with animation and shows widgets when asked questions such as what the weather is like or what is the time in a particular country. Users have been reporting better translation results after the update.
- Translate App: A much-needed feature in the latest iOS 14 update. Easy to use, and can translate 11 languages instantly! Another great feature for traveling purposes.
- Messages: You can now pin chats on top of the app, and there are a lot of expressions and Memoji’s available that can easily be customized.
- Picture-in-Picture: This sidebar will help you watch videos and continue your FaceTime call while you use another app. You can pinch and zoom to resize if you like and even just hide the bar to keep the audio playing in the background.
- App Clips: When traveling, this feature can prove to be very useful. You can take full advantage of app clips, discover what you wish to find out at the right moment, like find a bus schedule, a coffee shop, rent a bike, order food, and so much more.
Have you updated your iPhone as yet? Let us know in the comment section below. For more news and updates, stay tuned to Brandsynario.