In a press release, shared on the official website of the PCB, the cricket board confirmed the playing conditions of the HBL PSL 2022. The series will be played in Karachi and Lahore from 27 January to 27 February. The first match is all set to take place between Multan Sultans and Karachi Kings on 27 January.
In place of the upcoming event, PCB has decided to make modifications in the playing conditions for the seventh edition for PSL.
PSL 2022 Playing Conditions
Here is a complete list of amendments to the playing conditions for the players.
- If a team loses players due to positive results, it can seek the Technical Committee’s approval for replacement players from the reserve pool of players (Clause 220.127.116.11)
- For a match to go ahead, a team must have, at least, 13 players who are Covid-19 negative (Clause 18.104.22.168)
- Playing line-up must comprise a minimum of seven and a maximum of eight local players including an emerging player. However, if a team is affected by Covid to the extent that it can’t create a playing 11 in accordance with the relevant requirements, the requirements will stand waived to the necessary extent (Clause 1.2.5)
- The Fielding side must be in a position to bowl the first ball of the final over of the innings by the scheduled or rescheduled time for the end of the innings. If they are not in such a position, one fewer fielder will be permitted outside of the 30-yard circle for the remaining overs of the innings (Clause 13.8)
- There will be a reserve day for the final. If no result is achieved on the reserve day. Then the side finishing on top of the points table after 30 league matches will be declared champion (Clause 16.11.1)
- TV umpire to call no-balls (Clause 21.5).
The cricket board has advised the players to buy tickets online for the upcoming series which will be available soon.
PSL 2022 And Coronavirus
PCB has designed a Health and Safety Protocols document to ensure the health and safety of all participants. The players will commence and enter the environment following two negative tests.
A seven-day isolation period is necessary for a covid positive player. However, a negative rapid antigen test will allow the player to resume the activity.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for the latest news and updates.