Officially known as the ANOC World Beach Games Qatar 2019, the World Beach Games is an inaugural international beach multi-sport event organized by the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC).
This year the ANOC World Beach Games Qatar 2019 will take place from 12-16 October, 2019, with the participation of more than 1,200 athletes representing all five continents.
Pakistani Wrestler Muhammad Inam is the first Pakistani to feature in the World Beach Games.
Originally from Gujranwala, Inam won the following medals for Pakistan:
- Pakistan’s second gold medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games
- Bronze medal at the 2014 Asian beach Games
- Gold medal at the 2016 South Asian Games
- Gold medal at the 2016 Asian Beach Games
- Silver medal at the 2016 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship
- Gold medal at the 2017 World Beach Wrestling Championships
- Gold medal at the 2018 World Beach Wrestling Championships
- Silver medal at the 2017 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship
In the World Beach Games, the wrestler will be competing in -90 kg. In an interview he talked about the support he has received from the Pakistan Olympic Association:
“The Pakistan Olympic Association and Pakistan Wrestling Federation has provided me with a kit and would bear the expenses for my competition to be held in the mega event on October 13, 14 and 15,”
Inam also mentioned the 2020 Tokyo Olympic qualifiers and expressed his desire to train for them in Russia alongside his fellow wrestler and their coach.
We wish Inam all the best for the event and hope that he will make the country proud again.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Stay tuned to brandsynario for more news and updates.