Whatsapp just raised the bar by its announcement of verified business accounts. Earlier, the messaging application had hinted at the upcoming change by uploading the details about the verification of business accounts on its FAQ page.
Now according to the latest update, the company will introduce it as “WhatsApp Business” — a standalone app and its will be different from the regular WhatsApp.
Its description available on Play Store read:
“As a test partner for ‘WhatsApp Business’, you have early access to a wide range of new features that we’ve built with you in mind. As you experiment with what this new app has to offer, please share your experiences with us so that we can improve the product.”
The application will have interesting features like auto responses, creating a business profile, chat migration and analytics.
In a picture shared online, WABetaInfo disclosed how a WhatsApp business account will look like:
Here’s how Whatsapp for businesses will work:
- So all the business who apply for the service will get a green tick, similar to how parent Facebook verifies businesses with a blue tick.
- The app will inform the user whether he or she is chatting to a verified account through the yellow messages inside a chat.
- The messages cannot be deleted from the chat.
- If you already have a business’s phone number saved in your address book, the name you will see is the name you have saved in your address book.
- If you don’t have a business’s phone number saved in your address book, the name you will see is the name the business has chosen for themselves.
- WhatsApp will include the address of the business, the real name of the business, the email address of the business, and its website under the “Business Info” section.
- If you’d like to stop a business from contacting you, you can block them.