In its efforts to provide more user-friendly designs to its customers, Samsung has taken a step ahead and introduced Samsung Galaxy A8 which is the slimmest phone to date.
Being the most premium smartphone in the series, the design consists of a slight camera bump which is less than that in S6/S6 Edge. Moreover, A8 comes with a 5.7” 1080p display with Super AMOLED (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) at the front. In addition to this, there’s optional dual-SIM capability.
Now in regards to the camera, at the back is a 16-megapixel camera with LED Flash and 1080p video, along with a 5 mp selfie shooter at the front. Connectivity options include NFC, Wi-Fi and 4G LTE. The battery is strong enough to back 3,050 mAh capacity, with a standby time of up to 304 hours.
What’s new is the fingerprint scanner, which is embedded on the home button but how useful will the feature prove to be is still uncertain.
Now the most important question, what will be its price? The answer is, we don’t know it yet as nothing is officially announced.
Here’s a quick summary of all of its specifications for your perusal.
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz quad-core + 1 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop, customized with TouchWiz
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Design: 5.9mm thick, 151 grams weight
- Display: 5.7” with Full HD 1080p resolution
- Super AMOLED with Gorilla Glass
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 or 32 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 16 megapixels with 1080p video, OIS and f/1.9
- Secondary: 5 megapixel, 1080p
- Connectivity: NFC, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 3,050 mAh
- Available in Pearl White, Midnight Black and Champagne Gold