Times Higher Education (THE) is an organization designated for ranking universities across the world, just like Quacquarelli Symonds.
This year’s THE rankings revealed a rather disappointing picture for most of the universities in Pakistan, as only four Pakistani universities made it to the top 1000 ranks. It is a major step down from last year when a total of seven universities from Pakistan made it to the list.
Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) tops the list of Universities in Pakistan. Last year QAU came in the 601-800 band this year however, QAU has landed itself amongst the 500 ranks.
The other 3 universities Included in the Top 1000 List Are:
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology,
- National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
According to the earlier QS rankings, the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) acquired the 437th position out of 500. Nust has also improved its ranking from 74 to 61 in the “Top 50 Under 50” category. Amongst Asian universities, it Ranked at 112.
Apart From NUST, The Others Included Under the QS Rankings Are As Follows:
- Quid-e-Azam University (QAU) ranked at 672
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) ranked at 716
- University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore ranked at 934
- The university of Karachi ranked at 937
- The University of Lahore ranked at 938.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for latest news and updates.