The National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) located in Islamabad, Pakistan makes it to the list of Times Higher Education 150 Under 50 Rankings 2016.
The list was released in April by the Times Higher Education where the university was ranked 101. The Times Higher Education 150 Under 50 Ranking 2016 shows the ranking of top 150 universities that 50 years old.
The Times Higher Education 150 Under 50 Rankings celebrate universities that have a major impact at an international level over the years and attempt to showcase the rising stars of the future.
The rankings are achieved based on the teaching skills, research, international standing, citations and transfer of knowledge.
Times Higher Education on May 4th also revealed World Reputation Rankings of 2016, however, Pakistani Universities did not make the list.
Two Pakistani Universities namely Quaid-e-Azam University and National University of Sciences and Technology were placed at 501 and 601 ranking by the World University Rankings of 2015-2016 back in September 2015 out of an aggregate 800 global universities.
Below is a list of the top 10 best young universities worldwide:
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- University of Konstanz, Germany
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Pierre and Marie Curie University, France
- Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy
Top 10 universities making to the World Reputation Rankings 2016 are listed below:
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University of California, Berkeley
- Princeton University
- Yale University
- Columbia University
- California Institute of Technology
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates.