The Pakistani government has been delighted after several international automotive manufacturers, thanks to the Automotive Development Policy in 2016-21.
A meeting was scheduled under the Joint Chairmanship of Secretary, Ministry of Industries & Production (MoIP) and Secretary Board of Investment (BoI), on Tuesday 12th, July 2017 at 10:30 a.m. in the BoI Islamabad.
There was a total of 9 companies which took part in the meeting. They include;
- M/s United Motors (Pvt) Limited, Lahore
- M/s Regal Automobiles Industries Limited, Karachi
- M/s Pak-China Motors Pvt Limited, Karachi
- M/s Kia Lucky Motors Pakistan Limited, Karachi
- M/s Khalid Mushtaq Motors (Pvt) Ltd
- M/s Hyundai Nishat Motor (Private) Limited, Lahore
- M/s Habib Rafiq (Pvt) Ltd
- M/s Foton JW Auto Park (Pvt) Limited, Lahore
- M/s Cavalier Automotive Corporation (Pvt) Ltd., Islamabad
As of now, 4 automotive makers have been granted Category-A Greenfield investment status, they are Hyundai Nishat Motor (Private) Limited, Kia Lucky Motors Pakistan Limited Karachi, Regal Automobiles Industries Limited Karachi, and United Motors (Pvt) Limited Lahore.
According to one of the government officials, $500mn investment will be needed from one plant, resulting in an investment amount of over $2bn. He additionally added that 2 more companies will be receiving permission to set their manufacturing plant within Pakistan.
Which companies do you want to see in Pakistan?
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more news and updates.