Muhammad Hafeez became the highest earning Pakistani Cricketer from 2015-16. According to the reports submitted by the board to the Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination for the 2015-16 fiscal year, Hafeez approximately earned a total of Rs.39 million from Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
While Shahid Afridi earned Rs.18 million, and Sarfraz Ahmed earned somewhere around Rs.33 million.
The board mentions it paid a number of 46 cricketers in total, handing out approximately Rs.550 million rupees as salaries and bonus fees.
Since Sarfraz Ahmed plays all three formats, he fell shortly after Muhammad Hafeez under the highest paid cricketer. However, all-rounder Shahid Afridi popularly known as ‘Lala’ earned only Rs.18m as he only plays for T-20 format.
Other top earning players who were a part of the report and their earnings are as follows:
- Azhar Ali – Rs.30 million
- Younis Khan – Rs.24 million
- Misbah-ul-Haq – Rs.24 million
- Ahmed Shehzad – Rs.28 million
- Wahab Riaz – Rs.29 million
- Shoaib Malik – Rs.26 million
- Asad Shafiq – Rs.20 million
- Umar Akmal – Rs.18 million
- Rahat Ali – Rs.17 million
- Mohammad Irfan – Rs.15 million
- Muhammad Rizwan – Rs.14 million
- Junaid Khan Rs.13 million
- Anwar Ali – Rs.12 million
- Zulfiqar Babar – Rs.11 million
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates.