The government of Sindh has allocated Rs71 billion. This includes Rs5 billion for development projects, the local government’s councils across the province, including the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation, for the next financial year.
Development Projects & Budget Allocation For Current Fiscal Year
- Widening of bridges at Shafiq Moor, Shah Waliullah Road at a cost of Rs 140 million
- Construction of an underpass at Golimar Intersection Nazimabad 1 at Rs 450 million
- Rehabilitation/construction of major roads of Karachi Metropolitan Corporation at a cost of Rs 197 million.
- University Road from Hasan Square to NIPA at a cost of Rs 770 million
- Rehabilitation and reconstruction of Tariq Road from Shaheed-e-Millat at Shahrahe-Quaideen at Rs 550 million,
- Reconstruction/Rehabilitation of road from Surjani to Madinatul Hikmat at a cost of Rs 750 million,
- Construction of Hub River Road from Sher Shah Bridge to Murshid Hospital at a cost of Rs 500 million
- Remodeling of Baloch Colony Flyover and construction of the road at a cost of Rs 120 million
- Construction of Manz the l Pump Flyover at a cost of Rs 600 million.
Development Projects & Budget Allocation For Next Fiscal Year
- Construction of University Road from the NED University to Safoora Chowk will cost Rs770 million
- Reconstruction of Mosamiyat Road from Madras Chowk to Super Highway will cost Rs200 million
- Sharea Faisal from Metropole to Star Gate would cost Rs850 million
- Construction of an underpass at Submarine Chowrangi would cost Rs500 million
- 10.5-billion-rupee World Bank-funded Karachi Neighbourhood Improvement Project
- Construction of a 24-foot road on either side of Gujjar Nullah would cost Rs1.2 billion
- Construction of a 1,000mgd pump house at Dhabeji would cost Rs1.6 billion which would supply 65mgd additional water from Haleji Lake to Karachi
- Rs1.4 billion for setting up five combined effluent treatment plants in the industrial areas of the metropolis
- A new landfill site for Karachi will be established at Dhabeji for Rs500 million
- He added that Rs1.5 billion had been allocated for constructing a bridge at the Tipu Sultan-Khalid Bin Waleed intersection on Shaheed-e-Millat Road.
- Remodeling of 12,000 roads in Landhi and Korangi will cost Rs1.5 billion.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates!