Italy is often nicknamed as the Bel Paese (beautiful country)! Italy is home to one the largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites globally, owing to the historic art and iconic monuments that beautify the country. One of the fastest growing and most profitable sectors of Italy is the tourism industry, with an approximate €189.1 billion revenue.
Cities with historic significance such as Venice, Italy, Rome and Florence are famous worldwide and have been enticing tourists to pay a visit to these iconic locations since centuries. Apart from the art that Italy treasures, the city is adorned with beautiful coasts and gorgeous alpine mountains and lakes.
Ask any Italian where would they rather be and all of them will definitely say “right here”. Indeed, every other person has raved about Italy since tourism started and it is without a doubt, Italy has it all. With one of the most diverse landscapes in the whole of Europe, the world’s largest treasures of art; an exotic climate and deliciously authentic national cuisine. It is tue that once you have visited the place, you may never desire to travel anywhere else.
Here is a list of top 20 tourist attractions in Italy. Let’s have a look.
1. Amalfi Coast
2. The Cathedral Basilica di San Marco
3. The Mausoleum of Hadrian- Castel-Sant’Angelo
4. Grand Canal Venice
5. Leaning Tower of Pisa
6. Milan Cathedral
7. Mount Etna
8. Pantheon Rome
9. Piazza Navona
10. Rialto Bridge
11. Roman Colosseum
12. The Roman Forum
13. Saint Mark’s Square Venice
14. Sistine Chapel
15. St. Peter’s Basilica
16. Trevi Fountain
17. Uffizi Gallery
18. Vatican Museums
19. Florence Cathedral
20. Borghese Gallery
Italy Visa Requirements
- Submit visa applications in person, at least four weeks prior to intended date of travel.
- Passports should be valid at least six months at the time of visa application. Please bring previous passports, if any, and attach with application copies, on A4 size paper, of used pages, copies of Schengen, US, UK, Canada, Australia visas.
- Photocopy of your national ID card.
- Police report if previous passports lost.
- Visa Application Form, Security questionnaire and 2 recent photos (35mmX45cm / white background)
- Original signed letter of the applicant’s company/employer stating name, position, salary, duration of employment, address and contact numbers of the employer, purpose, and duration of the visit to the Schengen state(s).
- Supporting documents of personal income:
– Original bank statements of the last six months stamped by the bank, bank maintenance letter
– National Tax Number Certificate (NTM) for the previous two years
– Proof of income tax payment (FBR)
– Last three salary slips for salaried individuals
- Copy of flight booking
- If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission, written explanation about the reason for trip and refusal letter.
- Original and photocopy of Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA (in English or with a certified translation if in Urdu)
- Original and copy of a travel medical insurance policy of not less than 30,000 Euros. The policy must cover medical and hospitalization expenses for the entire period of valid stay on Schengen territory as well as repatriation costs. Consult a valid list of authorized insurance companies in Pakistan as agreed by Schengen partners in Islamabad.
- The applicants are requested to submit certificates proving that concerned person has received Oral Polio Vaccine.
- Accommodation / hotel reservation for your period of stay.
- Covering letter requesting the Visa officer for issuance of visa.
When to Visit and purchase air ticket
- Try visiting in the off season. Up to 30% off during off season
- Air tickets are the biggest expense. Plan ahead and Book early.
- Look for periodic off-season discounts run by many airlines to get a good deal on airlines
- September-October (Off season, weather is neither cold nor hot)
Budget (7 days/nights vacation to Milan)
- Air tickets: Rs 63,000 per person
- Visa Rs 8,000 per person
- Travel insurance Rs 2500 per person
- Accommodation (3 star) Rs 33,000 per person (twin sharing)(15 min walk from City Center)
- Transportation Rs 12,000 per person (using bus, and Metro)
- Food/ Entertainment Rs 41,500 per person ( Fast food, local street food, tours)
- Expenses Rs 10,000 per person
- Total Rs 175,000 per person
The calculation has been done based on the following:
- Cheapest air ticket from Karachi- Milan (Ticket price comparison website prices)
- Accommodation prices from world’s top hotel booking engine
- Transport Euro 100 (Metro from Airport to City Centre, use metro where necessary)
- Food and Accommodation @ Euro 50 per person per day. (Euro 7 per meal= Euro 21+Euro 30 for tours/museum entry per day)
- Expenses to be spent for buying souvenirs at the end of trip $100
- 1 Euro =PKR 118-120
- Carry Euro from Pakistan
- Calculations are per person based on twin sharing accommodation
- Accommodation Prices may vary by 40% if you go for budget accommodation or luxury accommodation.
Source: Travel Package Compare
A Pakistan Travel and Tour empowerment website where various tour operators provide several packages offered for travel purposes. So discover the world today, by signing up with Travel Package Compare and enjoy a carefree vacation to some of the world’s exotic destinations.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more updates.