The online CNIC service launched by NADRA not only allows you to renew your CNIC but also gives you an opportunity to modify it with considerably less trouble.
The process is simple and almost similar to that required for renewal of CNIC through online service. You are required to complete an Online Application for the modification of CNIC with your complete details. The transfer fee is to be paid in advance via Credit/Debit Card Payment option. And after processing, NADRA will mail your CNIC for Home Delivery on the provided address.
You must make preliminary preparations before starting with the online application.
Make sure you are well-aware about the fee structure for your application. It is important that you have all the supporting documents required as per your application. You will also your portrait photograph that should meet the requirements mentioned in photograph tutorial. And finally you need a valid Credit/ Debit card for online payment.
After making preliminary preparations, you can apply for modification of your CNIC ID card through online service by clicking here.
You will find complete details and necessary guidance on the online portal, but for your convenience the steps are enlisted below.
- Click on the green Get Started button at the top to launch the Pak-Identity Application System
- Register your account there
- Create an application in the modification category
- Provide application details
- Provide your address for card delivery
- Pay application fee online with your Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Modify your national identity data
- Scan and upload your photograph
- Scan and upload the supporting documents
- Download and print the special fingerprint form on A4/Letter page size.
- Capture your fingerprints on this form with the help of the Fingerprint Tutorial.
- Scan and upload the fingerprint form.
- Scan quality must be a minimum of 600 dpi in Grayscale.
- Download and fill the Urdu acquisition form (only if there are modifications needed in the printable fields)
- If you are applying from outside Pakistan then please download and fill the witness form instead. Provide details of two witnesses on it. Each witness must be a valid NICOP holder.
- Scan and upload the Urdu acquisition form (and the witness form if applicable)
- Review the information you provided and sign the declaration
Note: It is important to follow instructions for capturing Portrait Photo and Fingerprints according to mentioned guidelines. And provide all the required scanned documents. The application will only be processed if all the information is complete and according to guidelines.
Once submitted the processing will take 7 working days (at least) and the card will be mailed to the provided address.
NADRA will notify the applicant via SMS and email on the given mobile number and email address respectively about following stages of the application.
- Pak-Identity Account Registration
- Fee Submission
- Application Submission
- Application Approval/Rejection/Deferral
- Card Printing
- Card Dispatch
Furthermore, applicants can track their CNIC processing by sending Application Tracking ID to “8400” or by logging into their account on NADRA’s website.