Are you about to give up completely on your smartphone? If yes, try this lifeline called ‘Factory Data Reset’ before making your final call. After all, your smartphone also deserves a last chance!
What is Factory Reset and How does it help?
Think of it as a ‘restart’ button on your PC. What sometimes happens when your computer is giving you a hard time? You try to restart it to get it functions back to normal. Similarly, if your android is giving you a tough time by working extremely sluggishly, showing full memory indicator whenever you try to take a snap or download anything new; you know it’s time to restore your android’s settings by ‘Factory Data Reset’. This will erase all of the information stored on the device in an attempt to restore the device’s software to its original manufacturer settings.
Also see: How to Upgrade Microsoft Windows 10
Now of course in order to save your phone you don’t want to lose the memories saved inside. So here are some precautions to ensure you miss none of the two.
- Copy all your contacts to the SD card or write them down.
- You may also take help from apps like ‘SMS & Call Log Backup’ which will help you to easily access your data later
- In case, some of your data, including pictures, music and other things are still left to be copied; you can download Google Drive and upload all your pictures to the cloud. Or a much easier way is to simply transfer all data into an SD card.
- If still you think you need more backup to ensure that none of your data is lost then simply copy your data on your laptop or PC so that you can bring it back to your device after completing the process of Factory Reset.
After creating a backup for your data, follow these steps to reset your android.
- Go to ‘Settings’ Menu from your phone and find the ‘Privacy’ option in it. Some of the devices will have ‘Backup & Reset’ option instead of ‘Privacy’.
- Tap any of the available options from above and snap at the end where you will find “Factory Data Reset” option.
- Click on this option, check the box ‘Erase phone storage’ and then tap ‘Reset Phone’ icon.
Caution: Don’t forget to eject the external SD card before doing this in which your data is saved.
- Now just keep your phone aside, and run an errand until your phone is cleaned and ready to surprise you with miraculous results.
Try this and let us know if you were successful to change the fate of your smartphone.