Greece is a country in Southern Europe, situated on the southern tip of the Balkan Peninsula. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, ranking in the top 20 countries globally. As the Greek Ministry of Tourism revealed, the country received more than 20 million visitors in the year 2013; the country itself is small with a population of 11 million.
The tourists are attracted to the beaches, the sunny summer weather and the incredible nightlife along with historical archeological sites and natural beauty.
Greece is often referred to as the birthplace of Western civilization and Athens is the capital; the place retains ancient relics and landmarks including the Acropolis and Parthenon temple. Greece is famous for its black sand of Santorini and the fun Mykonos resorts.
Most of the tourism is focused in the Western Greek Islands, Crete, Cyclades and the Dodecanese. We have prepared a list of 20 exotic places to visit in Greece, have a look!
2. Temple of Olympian Zeus in Athens
3. Theatre of Dionysus
6. Panathenaic Stadium
7. Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes
8. Odeon of Herodes Atticus
9. National Archaeological Museum in Athens
10. Lychnostatis Open Air Museum
12. Imerovigli in Santorini
14. Corinth Canal
15. Statue of Taweret
16. Benaki Museum
17. Aristotelous Square in Thessaloniki
18. Arch of Galerius
19. Acropolis Museum
20. White Tower in Thessaloniki
Greece Visa Requirements
- Submit visa applications in person, at least four weeks prior to intended date of travel.
- Passports should be valid at least six months at the time of visa application. Please bring previous passports, if any, and attach with application copies, on A4 size paper, of used pages, copies of Schengen, US, UK, Canada, Australia visas.
- Photocopy of your national ID card.
- Police report if previous passports lost.
- Visa Application Form, Security questionnaire and 2 recent photos (35mmX45cm / white background)
- Original signed letter of the applicant’s company/employer stating name, position, salary, duration of employment, address and contact numbers of the employer, purpose, and duration of the visit to the Schengen state(s).
- Supporting documents of personal income:
– Original bank statements of the last six months stamped by the bank, bank maintenance letter
– National Tax Number Certificate (NTM) for the previous two years
– Proof of income tax payment (FBR)
– Last three salary slips for salaried individuals
- Copy of flight booking
- If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission, written explanation about the reason for trip and refusal letter.
- Original and photocopy of Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA (in English or with a certified translation if in Urdu)
- Original and copy of a travel medical insurance policy of not less than 30,000 Euros. The policy must cover medical and hospitalization expenses for the entire period of valid stay on Schengen territory as well as repatriation costs. Consult a valid list of authorized insurance companies in Pakistan as agreed by Schengen partners in Islamabad.
- The applicants are requested to submit certificates proving that concerned person has received Oral Polio Vaccine.
- Accommodation / hotel reservation for your period of stay.
- Covering letter requesting the Visa officer for issuance of visa.
When to Visit and purchase air ticket
- Try visiting in the off season. Up to 30% off during off season
- Air tickets are the biggest expense. Plan ahead and Book early.
- Look for periodic off-season discounts run by many airlines to get a good deal on airlines
- September-October (Off season, weather is neither cold nor hot)
Budget (7 days/nights vacation to Athens)
- Air tickets: Rs 66,000 per person
- Visa Rs 8,000 per person
- Travel insurance Rs 2500 per person
- Accommodation (3star) Rs 16,000 per person (twin sharing)(15 min walk from City Center)
- Transportation Rs 6,000 per person (using bus, and Metro)
- Food/ Entertainment Rs 41,500 per person ( Fast food, local street food, tours)
- Expenses Rs 10,000 per person
- Total Rs 150,000 per person
The calculation has been done based on the following:
- Cheapest air ticket from Karachi- Athens (Ticket price comparison website prices)
- Accommodation prices from world’s top hotel booking engine
- Transport (Metro from Airport to City Centre, use metro where necessary)
- Food and Accommodation @ Euro 50 per person per day. (Euro 7 per meal= Euro 21+Euro 30 for tours/museum entry per day)
- Expenses to be spent for buying souvenirs at the end of trip $100
- 1 Euro =PKR 118-120
- Carry Euro from Pakistan
- Calculations are per person based on twin sharing accommodation
- Accommodation Prices may vary by 40% if you go for budget accommodation or luxury accommodation.
Source: Travel Package Compare
A Pakistan Travel and Tour empowerment website where various tour operators provide several packages offered for travel purposes. So discover the world today, by signing up with Travel Package Compare and enjoy a carefree vacation to some of the world’s exotic destinations.
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for more information on exotic travel locations!