Asia University Rankings 2017 by The Times Higher Education shows 6 Pakistani Universities made it to the top 300 list.
Out of the 6 that made it to the list, 5 are new entrants. Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad is in the 121-130 category and is closely followed by COMSATS Institute of Information Technology in the top 150.
The top two spots on the list remained the same as last year. Singapore’s National University was ranked first while Peking University, China was ranked second.
Here’s the complete list of 6 Pakistani Universities that are included in the Times Higher Education rankings!
- Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad ranked
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology ranked 144-150
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST) ranked at 141-150
- The university of Agriculture, Faisalabad is ranked 201-250
- The University of Lahore ranked at 250+
- The University of Karachi ranked at 250+
Phil Baty, the editor of the Times Higher Education rankings, was delighted for Pakistan’s success and mentioned, “It is fantastic news that Pakistan has more than tripled its representation in this year’s list of Asia’s best universities, taking seven places, up from two last year.”
He also added, “Overall this ranking of Asia’s best 300 universities proves what a dynamic, diverse and competitive higher education region the continent is becoming. Pakistan is a key part of that development but must make sure it does not get left behind.”
Stay tuned to Brandsynario for latest news and updates!